Get a continuous supply of great tasting traditions slicing cucumbers from this compact reliable plant.
- The Compact nature leds perfectly for garden of container.
- Cucumbers are tender plants that like warm growing conditions.
- Full sun and moist rich soil is best.
- Plant in hills; do not separate plants, mulching helps keep the soil warm and moist.
- Plant 3’ apart 5-6’ between rows.
- Whether you use Fanfare or a traditional variety with long runners you will get lots of cucumbers from each hill.
- Cucumbers will start to turn yellow when they get too old. They also start tasting bitter when left too long on the vine. The more cucumbers you pick the more will grow. If you do not pick them the plant will stop producing so keep them picked.
- Cucumbers and melons need to be kept seperate in the garden because they will cross pollinate to the point of affecting each others flavour.