This is the best English type cucumber for the garden. You will get an abundance of 8-9″ dark green tender sweet cucumbers.
- Cucumbers are tender plants that like warm growing conditions.
- Full sun and moist rich soil is the best.
- Plant in hill, do not seperate plants.
- Mulching helps keep the soil warm and moist. Also there is nothing harder to keep weeded than a mass of cucumber vines. Mulching does significantly reduce the weed population.
- There are lots of mulches available. The best for the garden are straw, grass clippings or biodegradable plastic mulch.
- If container growing trellis the runners for best results.
- Plant 3′ apart 5-6′ between rows.
- Pick the fruit frequently to keep the plant producing.
- English cucumbers do tast bitter if left on the vine too long.