Riverside is the standard for yellow Spanish type onions. They are a large sweet fast growing variety.
- Onions are one of the few plants we recommend breaking the core fibre pot apart for planting.
- Onions need to be placed in about 6″ apart in garden rows or spaced in a container to give them room to grow.
- Best in warm sunny conditions with a little extra nitrogen fertilizer early.
- Onions can be planted the first of May and are cool hardy.
- Fertilize early with nitrogen based fertilizer.
- Don’t let onions get wilted, they have a shallow root system so will dry out earlier than many other plants.
- Keep the soil loose and weed free with frequent hoeing.
- Harvest onions in mid September. Do not let them be hit with frost before harvest.